Registration is open for our 2020 summer & fall classes and workshops! CLICK HERE to learn more.
MCAC Guidelines In Response to the Outbreak of Covid-19
Now that Illinois is in Phase 4, the McLean County Arts Center is able to open our doors and resume showing exhibits, classes and workshops. We will continue to share artists work, weekly activities for families and online free classes through our website and through social media. For those who do come to a class or workshop at the MCAC here are our guidelines for entrance. These are not guidelines for just our students, we hold our instructors and staff to the same regulations.
1. We require Masks. We have disposable masks at the Arts Center if you do not have one of your own.
2. We check temperatures at the door of everyone taking a class or workshop. If it is over 100 degrees we ask that you return home. We log these temps and do not share them with the public.
3. If you are not feeling well stay home. We will offer refunds, credits or prorate a class if you are unable to join us because of Covid-19.
4. We no longer supply lunches for all day workshops nor do we offer coffee, tea or any other beverages at the MCAC. You are more than welcome to bring your own snacks, lunch and drinks to enjoy during a class.
5. We wipe down surfaces before and after classes and we provide cleaning supplies if they are needed during a class.
6. We practice Social Distancing. (6 feet between each student) If a class has more than 8 students we have moved the class upstairs to the beautiful Brandt Gallery. For our Ceramic Classes we have limited numbers and we are utilizing two classrooms to accommodate our classes that have 8 people.
7. We offer refunds! If you are sick we offer a refund or a credit for you to use the next semester. If you are unable to finish a class we will offer a prorated refund depending on how much of the class you are able to attend.
Thank you for being flexible and working with us during this time. We will continue to monitor what the state of Illinois suggests and make changes based on what is recommended.