- During normal building hours, and during special events in the gallery including artist receptions: enter through the doors on the main level and sign-in at the front desk before going downstairs.
- During class times that meet on building off hours: knock on the lower-level door to be let in by the instructor. Sign-in at the clipboard hanging on the bulletin board.
- Open studio privileges begin one day after your first class and extend for one week after your final class. Example: If your class meets April 1-May 13, your open studio access is from April 2-May 20.
- The studios are usually available during the building’s regular open hours, including special events in the gallery. There is a monthly schedule posted on the bulletin board near the basement entrance.
- You may work in the ceramics studio if there is a class in the painting studio. You may work in the painting studio if there is class in the ceramics studio. Please do not enter a studio while a class is in session unless you are an enrollee.
- During classes that meet outside of regular hours - on a Thursday evening for instance, students may utilize open studio in the unused space. Example - students can use the ceramics studio during a Monday afternoon acrylics class, or students may utilize the drawing/painting studio during a Wednesday evening ceramics class.
- Give yourself ample time to clean up. Plan to be out of the building at least ten minutes before closing time.
- We strive to maintain an inclusive and welcoming facility. Hate speech and harassment are not tolerated. Please speak with a staff member immediately if you have any concerns or feel uncomfortable/unsafe in the studios.
- Friends/family/pets may not visit students in the studios.
- Food is allowed, but do not put food in the downstairs garbage cans.
- No alcohol is allowed in the studios except for special, instructor-led events.
- Students are not allowed in the kiln room without a staff member
- Help yourself to tea/coffee. Contributions are much appreciated.
- Extra clay must be purchased ($10/bag).
- Extra canvas boards must be purchased ($3/each).
- There is no extra fee to use paints, pastels, ceramic glazes, and tools.
- When in doubt, please ask a staff member.