- Please come in through the main doors (not the classroom door entrance) and sign in with the yellow notebook in the stairwell.
- Please do not come in during other classes, our program has expanded and we want to offer the most space and materials to the students taking the class. You can see a calendar in each of classrooms to know when studio time is available. also at this link- CLASS-CALENDAR (best viewed on a desktop)
- Open studio privileges begin one day after your first class and extend for one week after your final class. Example: If your class meets April 1-May 13, your open studio access is from April 2-May 20.
- The studios are usually available during the building’s regular open hours. There is a monthly schedule posted on in each classroom and by the back door.
- You may work in the ceramics studio if there is a class in the painting studio.
- During classes that meet outside of regular hours - on a Thursday evening for instance, students may utilize open studio in the unused space. Example - students can use the ceramics studio during a Monday afternoon acrylics class, or students may utilize the drawing/painting studio during a Wednesday evening ceramics class.
- Give yourself ample time to clean up. Plan to be out of the building at least five to ten minutes before closing time.
- We strive to maintain an inclusive and welcoming facility. Hate speech and harassment are not tolerated. Please speak with a staff member immediately if you have any concerns or feel uncomfortable/unsafe in the studios.
- Friends/family/pets may not visit students in the studios.
- Food is allowed, but do not put food in the downstairs garbage cans.
- No alcohol is allowed in the studios except for special, instructor-led events.
- Students are not allowed in the kiln room without a staff member
- Extra clay must be purchased ($20.00/bag for current students).
- There is no extra fee to use paints, ceramic glazes, and tools.
- When in doubt, please ask a staff member.