Check in Procedure:
- You must sign in at the front desk before going downstairs.
- Open studio privileges begin one day after your first class and extend for one week after your final class.
Example: If your class meets once a week from May 3 – April 1, your open studio access is from May 4 – April 8.
- The studios are usually available during the building’s regular open hours*, but not during classes, special events and gallery receptions. There is a schedule for each room in the hallway near the basement entrance
- You may work in the ceramics studio if there is a class in the painting studio. You may work in the painting studio if there is class in the ceramics studio.
- Give yourself ample time to clean up. Plan to be out of the building at least ten minutes before closing time.
- Friends/family/pets may not visit you downstairs.
- You may eat in the studios.
- Do not put food in the downstairs garbage cans.
- No alcohol is allowed in the studio.
- You absolutely may not enter the kiln room without a staff member
- Help yourself to tea/coffee.
- Extra clay must be purchased ($10/bag).
- Extra canvas boards must be purchased ($3/each).
- There is no extra fee to use paints, pastels, ceramic glazes, and tools.
- When in doubt, please ask a staff member.