Community Art Access Grant
This AGREEMENT is made and entered on Thursday, March 29, 2018, by and between the McLean County Arts Center (MCAC) and the
MCAC and Grantee hereby agree as follows:
1. MCAC agrees to make a grant payable to Grantee in the amount of $_____ for the following requested program.
2. All grant monies payable hereunder shall be expended by Grantee for the approved program only, and by August 31, 2018. If for any reason Grantee needs to extend the term of the AGREEMENT, application must be made in writing to MCAC at least thirty (30) days prior to the above closing date. If no extension has been requested of, and approved by MCAC, any monies payable hereunder remaining after completion of PROGRAM of after the date set above, whichever comes first, must be immediately refunded to MCAC.
The Comptroller of the State of Illinois requires that all contractors certify compliance with Section 10.1 of the Illinois Purchasing act (Ill. Re. Sta. 1977, Ch. 127, Par. 132. 10-1). The undersigned certifies that he/she has not been convicted of bribery or attempting to bribe any officer or employee of the State of Illinois nor made admission of guilt or such conduct which is a matter of record.
Grantee agrees that all funds issued by MCAC pursuant to this AGREEMENT shall be expended only for the specific PROGRAM described herein and in accordance with the approved budget.
Grantee agrees that credit shall be given to local and state sponsors on all public notices, publicity, printed programs, public media, and other applicable material; the following and exact language shall be used in all such cases:
“This program is supported by a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts, the Illinois Arts Council Agency, a state agency, and the McLean County Arts Center.”
Grantee agrees to include above language and to include the graphic logos of the National Endowment for the Arts, the Illinois Arts Council Agency, and the McLean County Arts Center on promotional material and that three (3) copies of these promotional material will be provided with the final report. Logos for these organizations are available in the Arts Center website.
Grantee agrees to submit to MCAC within three weeks (21 days) of the completion of the PROGRAM the following:
1) A FINAL REPORT on the forms provided
2) Receipts or some other verification of cash expenditure of MCAC funds.
3) All FINAL REPORTS MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN August 31, 2018.
In addition, Grantee agrees to comply with any subsequent requirements, which may be adopted by MCAC with respect to grant reporting. Failure to submit timely and acceptable reports will jeopardize the receipt of future funds from MCAC.
Grantee agrees to supply MCAC with copies of any and all print articles, and photographs, if available of project related events, and hereby grants to MCAC free and unlimited license to use such articles and photographs for such purposes as MCAC, in its sole discretion, shall determine.
8. Grantee agrees that no monies payable hereunder shall be used for the purchase of permanent equipment, capital improvements or construction, to pay balance of Grantee’s previous year’s deficit, out of-state touring, or subsidizing an individual’s academic study.
9. Grantee agrees that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, religion, nation origin, sex or disability, while otherwise qualified, be excluded from participating in, be denied benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity including employment supported in whole or in part by funds provided hereunder.
Grantee agrees that it shall fully comply with all rules, regulations and other requirement now existing or which may hereafter be adopted by MCAC with respect to GRANTS of this nature.
If funds provided hereunder are used in whole or in part for the employment of any person, Grantee further agrees that no person shall on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability, while otherwise qualified, be denied equal opportunity in the hiring process, or be otherwise discriminated against with respect to compensations, terms, conditions, or benefits of employment.
MCLEAN COUNTY ARTS CENTER the_________________
BY: ___________________________ BY: _________________________
All grant recipients must acknowledge in all material that funding was received from the National Endowment for the Arts, Illinois Arts Council Agency and the McLean County Arts Center, in addition to including these logos below (click logos to enlarge). The Illinois Arts Council Agency has added the word agency to their title, make sure you have updated your files. Use this exact language:
" This program was supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council Agency, an agency of the State of Illinois, the McLean County Arts Center, and the National Endowment for the Arts"
Click each image to download hi-res logo image to use in all promotional material.
We are able to provide these grants to you because of the support from our state government. We have provided a letter template for you to send to your local congress representative which expresses your appreciation for their continuing support. This will ensure our continued ability to support your future endeavors. Feel free to add your own comments and thoughts. These letters must be sent, with additional copies addressed to our offices, before checks will be issued.
Please mail the letter to:
Hon. Rodney Davis, State Representative District 13, 104 W. North Street, Normal, IL 61761
Hon. Daniel Brady, State Representative District 88, 104 W. North Street, Normal, IL 61761
Hon. Bill Brady, 44th District Office, 2203 Eastland Drive, Suite 3, Bloomington, IL 61704
The Honorable Governor Bruce Rauner, 207 Statehouse, Springfield, Illinois 62706
Please use your organization letterhead
City, State, Zip
The (your program title) has just completed its (___successful year) with a fun filled (weekend) of (exciting activities) for individuals and families in this region. As we reflect on (____years) and look forward in hopes of an even more successful future, we could not do so without taking a moment to thank our government officials and legislative leaders. Thank you for the support provided for the arts and humanities in Illinois!
We could not have provided such a program without the funding support we received from the Illinois Arts Council, the National Endowment for the Arts, and the McLean County Arts Center, which is made possible through grants from the National Endowment for the Arts.
Although the amounts we receive may seem small compared to many larger programs in the state, the ($amount) that we received from the Mclean County Arts Center makes all the difference in the world in the Midwest Illinois region. We know that the (number) participants at our event truly appreciate the programming we can do with this funding.
Please continue to support the arts funding of cultural programming and thanks for your support of arts and humanities funding in downstate Illinois
Your Name Here